Out guest this week: Dr. Thomas Princen, winner of the International Studies Association 2007 award for his latest book the The Logic of Sufficiency (2005) — the “best book for the study of international environmental problems.” Commited to intellectual exporation, historical grounding and active learning, Dr. Princen shares his insights on the need for “localization,” “sufficiency” and “appropriately placed buzzwords.”
Learn more about Dr. Princen here.
In other news…
- This just in — size matters, so keep your kids away from harmful plastics!
- Politics and the dinner table.
- Keep your cold old growth free! Here’s how.
- Ecuador grants constitutional rights to… nature
- Making jet fuel from canola, coconuts, soybeans, palm tree oil, algae and other things we’d rather you not make jet fuel out of.
- Economic Sufficiency. It’ll keep you alive.
Something pity to look at, Emptied Oceans, a short from Randy Olson and Shifting Baselines: