While Ann Arbor enjoys near-record highs, and the good folks of Saskatchewan soldier on through heavy snowstorms, what better time to tune in to environmental radio?
Another strong focus on economic issues this week. Who knew the environment and the economy were linked?
- Climate change could force millions from homes.
- Nature Loss Dwarfs Banking Crisis
- An economic crisis is a good time to buy a bike or an electric car.
And some environmental stories whose economic impacts are as-yet unknown:
- A frightening new climate prediction from James Hansen et al.
- New species of pollution-adapted fish evolve in Lake Victoria.
And the crime beat:
Sustainable Fish of the Week: the Atlantic Herring (although we’re currently dubious about the Marine Stewardship Council, so careful with that website.)
This week’s playlist:
Next week: A Toxic Tour of Detroit City. Stayed tuned to your environment.