Listen in this week for exxxtra special guest Dan Fahey from UC Berkeley, expert on resources and conflict in the Great Lakes Region of Africa. Future Dr. Fahey schools us on why our cellphones and i(solationist)pods are fueling violence in the ‘Democratic’ Republic of the Congo. Also, a new ‘Eco-Warrior’ segment and more from Vijay Vaitheeswaran of the Economist on carbon offsets.
- Congo: from the NY Times
- This just in: 61 trees per person!
- Raw off the line: Blue Ocean Institute’s Sushi Guide
- California passed Proposition 1A to construct a high-speed rail link.
- The first legal sale of African ivory since 1989, but you won’t be buying it on Ebay.
- NEW EPA Rule: No new coal plants without “Best Available Control Tech” for CO2!!
- Dry Cleaning: It blows, and may result in: depression of the central nervous system; damage to the liver and kidneys; impaired memory; confusion; dizziness; headache; drowsiness; and eye, nose, and throat irritation. Repeated dermal exposure may result in dermatitis. No joke. here’s why.
Goloco: What’s not to love?