Brazil, Incentives, Pavlov’s Fish and Savin’ Enegry Through Your Inner Freak
Very special It’s Hot in Here today! Mrs. Ginason (AKA Jayanna Lee Johnson), fabulous mother of three, woman of the world and 2nd grade teacher from Medina, Ohio joins us to chat about how students impact parental environmental decision making. Mrs. Ginason has taught over 1,200 young people (and countless parents) how to be good people, avoid disposable cups and learn to quell their “Thneeds”
- “Norm-like” Mayor of Curitiba, Brazil goes against the grain and the man with amazing results! link
- Check out and attend the Food System Economic Partnership Conference on April 3r. Come to see the most sustainably rockin’ nuns on the planet, stay for the local foods. More info here: link
- Soon, fish will be trained to catch themselves. It’s expected that within a decade, they’ll be able to coat themselves in batter and hop right into the fryer! link
- While at IHIH, we strongly recommend regulatin’ your own heat the ol’ fashioned way, do check out what Ohio Edison is doing to conserve energy at peak times in Ohio! We’ve got one at the Ginason house and if you live in Ohio, you can too! Mr. Ginason reports on the newest thermostatic innovation:, but you can get more details here.
- Mrs. Ginason recommends that we all check out the Dr. Seuss book, The Lorax, for a nice reminder of why rampant consumerism, and “Thneeds” are just bad news! Here’s a video rendition here.
- Sustinable fish of the week: Mahi Mahi (aka Dolphin Fish) Make sure it’s US caught and you’re free to dine deliciously and safely! More details here.
- Last, but never least, Kerry Duggan of Washington, DC League of Conservation Voters joins us in pre-recorded form – thanks much to Jay, her Communications Director for helpin’ us out! We’re sorry we couldn’t play the whole expertly recorded and informative segment, but do check it out, it’s posted here and full of great info on LCV’s Senate work, the DIIRRRRTY Dozen and your “homework” assignment for the week!
Kerry Duggan/League of Conservation Voters: audio [audio:http://archive.org/download/hotinhere/kerry_um.mp3]
Don’t forget to join us next week on 4-3 @ 12:00 PM EST live for a special stickin’ it to the man episode, where we’ll try to dig up Ann Arbors radical roots and rekindle our earthy fire!
Have fun heatin’ things up and see you next week,
Gwen Hetfield, The Hugo-it’s not all for naught, and “The Ginason’s”