(Mostly) Ladies Only: News You Can Use, Oscar Reviews, Beaver Sitings and Helpful Hints to Reduce Your GHG Emissions,
This week Gina Gettum and guest cohost Aviva Glaser [Hot in Here’s own Chemical Correspondent!] pepper news you can use, oscar reviews and stone cold grooves with helpful hints to reduce our own greenhouse gas emissions!
- Climate Change is top national security threat and according to eminent economist Nicholas Stern if not contained “what we’re talking about then is extended world war.” Whoa.
- Bisphenol A is bad for your babies, your babies babies, and your babies babies babies.
- If a beaver lives on the shores of the Detroit River, but no one’s there to record it, is it really a beaver?: First beaver sited in Detroit since the 1930s!
Breaking news from our IHIH Style and Celebrity Correspondent Brian Lipinski – the Oscars de-greened themselves , BYO[tote]Bag is the new Vuitton and DeCarprio’s fixin’ to run an ecoresort island in Belize.
And finally we get down to the lady business…
- Green Cleaning: Make Your Own Non-Toxic Cleaning Kit.
- Make Up: Freshen up without slowly poisonin’ yourself.
- Knowledge is Power: Calculate your Body Burden Score.
- Cookin’: Buy fresh, not frozen.
Our Washington Correspondent Kerry Duggan takes us from the League of Conservation Voters to Capital Hill for Great Lakes Day.
Join the Virtual March to Stop Global Warming!
‘Til next week, keep it green friends and get up with the Get Down.