We’rrreee back. That’s right folks, Hugo and Gina (minus Gwen, Gwen you are truly missed!) serve up all the environmental news that fit to hear Monday’s from 12-1 PM.
- Two extra special guest, Dr’s Ezekiel Kalipeni and Mark Wilson discuss their work exploring the linkages between environment and human health around the globe, but particularly in Africa. Check their impressive credentials:
- Big News This Week: Oil, Hurricanes and Rebels
- Ike shuts down major U.S. crude oil ports
- And could yield West Nile and other health effects (warning: Fox News)
- Nigerian militants declare oil war in Delta
- Chad plays down World Bank exit from oil accord
- Malawi goes against the “grain” with positive (and some mixed) results!
- Congress-Woman Melinda Jackson Parker, Free Downloads to Cousin Mosquito #1 AND #2! http://www.last.fm/music/Congress-Woman+Malinda+Jackson+Parker
- Sustainable fish of the week! US Farmed Tilapia!!
- Antarctic Winter Ice Gets Bigger, Arctic Ice Still Shrinking
- New Music From Malawi
- Enviro/Human Health Info and Stats
- WHO on Global Environmental Change: http://www.who.int/globalchange/en/
- CDC: National Center for Health Statistics: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/Default.htm
- Aviva’s Top 6 Bad Enviro Health Impacts of Chemical Pollution: http://thebirdsandthepcbs.blogspot.com/
- Environmental Health News: http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org
- Human Health at USGS
Join us next week for our “Run for President, but Don’t Ruin My Planet” edition of IHIH where we digest and discuss each candidates stance on key environmental issues!